|Application Timeline and Important Dates|
|Applications open||1st August 2017|
|Applications close||30th September 2017|
|Interview period||1st – 15th October 2017|
|Confirmation of acceptance*||20th October 2017|
*An official invitation will be issued to those who have been accepted into EDT to be included with your Australian Visa application
International Student Finances
International applicants that have been accepted to participate in Excelerate Discipleship Training are liable to cover the following costs:
International applicants are required to pay the EDT course fees the levies specified in the below table. All fees and levies are required to EDT course fees cover (but are not exclusive to):
- Tuition fees
- Beginning of year retreat
- End of year retreat
- Camps and events
- Domestic mission trips
- Resources, manuals and stationary
- Expert guest speakers and teachers
- Australian School of the Prophets conference
- Apostolic Network Gathering conference
- Ceremonies and certificates
- Liability insurance
|Books & Resources Levy||$125||$125||$125||At orientation|
|Uniform Levy||$170||$170||$170||At orientation|
|Gym Levy||$50||N/A||N/A||At orientation|
|Sponsored Student Levy||$3,300||$3,300||$3,300||Quarterly|
|TOTAL EDT FEES PAYABLE||$8,245||$8,195||$8,195|
|Diploma||$13,450||$13,450||$14,840||Higher Ed FeeHelp|
|TOTAL COST OF COURSE||$21,695.00||$21,645.00||$23,035|
International applicants will live with an experienced family from the local church who does not receive financial compensation. Applicants will not be required to pay the full amount for board, food or utilities, but pay a greatly reduced living expense levy that is utilised in blessing the host families and ensuring sponsorship in EDT can continue.
International applicants need to cover their own personal costs such as transport, clothing, meals outside of the host home, entertainment, and other personal items.
International applicants are not required to engage in paid employment for the duration of their time at EDT due to living in a sponsored home. International applicants are encouraged to not engage in additional employment unless absolutely necessary in order to spend their time and energy focusing on their training in EDT.
It should be noted that international applicants who enter Australia under a Working Holiday visa may not work part-time for additional income unless arranged with the EDT prior to coming to Australia.
- All payments due to Excelerate Discipleship Training are to be paid in Australian currency. Participants coming to Australia are to ensure that necessary arrangements are made with their bank in their home country prior to departing for Australia.
- All participants must be familiar with both verbal and written English as thorough communication is required between the participant and Excelerate Discipleship Training.
- International participants are responsible for their return travel costs from country of origin to Melbourne, Australia.
International participants require health insurance as they will not be covered by Australia’s public health system Medicare for any medical and hospital expenses. Please see the link for further health insurance details http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Stud/More/Health-Insurance
How To Apply
- Submit online application form
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of $250
- Obtain references as specified in the application form (please note your nominated referees will be contacted via email on the address the provided to complete your recommendation for EDT. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure all referees have completed and emailed the forms back to us in a timely manner).
- International applications will be reviewed upon submission and direct contact will be made to the applicant from an EDT staff member.
- Once contact has been made to the applicant from an EDT staff member, the applicant will be offered an online interview or phone interview depending on the applicant’s situation.
- Should the applicant be offered a place in EDT they will receive an acceptance letter to be used for their Australian Visa application and an information pack containing the following:
- Deposit due date
- Additional financial information
- International participant information pack
- Student handbook
- Orientation information
- Important dates
Applying for a Visa
Different visa options are available dependent upon which country the applicant is applying from, how long they’re applying for and also the age of the applicant. These may include a Working Holiday Visa or a Special Program Visa. Should the participant decide to extend their period of stay in Australia, their passport needs to be valid 6 months to one year after the proposed period of stay is completed. The participant is responsible for any visa extension application through the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Patrol. Please contact the Excelerate Discipleship Training Department Head for a recommendation which visa to apply for prior to commencing the Australian visa application process.
An official letter to support the international participant’s visa will be sent to the participant once they have been officially accepted into Excelerate Discipleship Training. The contents of the letter will vary depending upon the type of Australian visa the participant is applying for.
Please allow 2-3 months for the processing of your visa application depending on the type of visa you are applying for.
For questions regarding international participants and applications please contact our EDT international student coordinator:
P: +613 9785 1112